Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nashville Flea Market & Brick Store Hills Chapel Antiques Work


My brick store in Nashville is open this week Wednesday Thur Saturday Noon till PM and we are also getting ready for another Nashville Flea Weekend this March 26 Thur March 28.

It has been such a busy week.  One of my projects is just about finished.  An antique old bed no one wanted ..except for me of course.  It is one of those old ones that is just about unusable nowadays as it is what is known as a three quarters size bed.  Bigger than a twin but smaller than a full size bed.  So I made a bench.
Here it is just about done.
From ChapelItems
Here it is before the headboard
From Chandelier Pics

Before the baseboard
From Chandelier Pics
Now to finish ...perhaps wax and add some antique roses old linoleum for seat area.
Would love to sew a cushion...alas no talent in sewing.

5 comments:

  1. "Now to finish ...perhaps wax and add some antique roses old linoleum for seat area."

    Really? Old linoleum? I'm intrigued. This I want to see!
    I'll be watching for this one.
    Sounds divine! I can't wait.

    I love the bench by the way.
    I like the curviness of the top- but I also like the straight-straight lines as well.
    Good piece- i want to see it when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ya! Yes that is a good looking piece..and why not redo it..I know what you mean about the size. I went to see the photos of your store. Wow! So many great things . They would sell well here..Hope all is well. visit soon, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Gracious Alive..I LOVE this bench! Hope you had a great St Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindykay,

    I LOVE THIS BENCH! I want this bench!! Really, it looks great and I think you did a great job.

    I would love to get to the flea market but not sure I will this go round. If I do, I will come and find you so we can have another quick chat.

    Hope you are feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - I love this bench!!! How I wish you weren't so far away - I would be drooling all over your good stuff at your market!!!

    ;-) robelyn

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE feedback/comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails