Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rhinestone Pearls Lamp Shade Trash to Treasure


I have always loved glitz and glam.  Since the 1970's (dating myself) I loved dressing different.  I wore my huge rhinestone broaches way back then...wore them during the day no less which was Not proper I would just laugh and wear them anyway. 


Back then I would buy broken necklace's and such and one day in the late 1990's after leaving the Restaurant Business (the Sans Souci Carmel California) I had some time on my hands and  I needed a lamp shade for a glass antique table lamp.  Ah, I have an old naked wire clamp on shade that someone was going to throw into the trash.   Here is what I came up with.  Sorta funky but I love it!

From AwesomeStuff
Here it is looking from underneath.  I just strung what ever hit my fancy keeping it to my fav purples, pinks, grays with some old Czech rock crystals.

From AwesomeStuff
Here it is closer- so you can see you just string them along, wrap when you get to the metal partitions.  I left the old white chippy paint on the wire.
From AwesomeStuff

From AwesomeStuff
Lost some of the fantastic colors when I took the picture below with a flash. 
From ChapelItems

And here it is on the old (probably 1930's era) etched glass table lamp.  Forgive me...the dust on my stash cabinet.
From ChapelItems
I think the pictures if you click you can enlarge them.

So there is my trash to very treasured story.  One of my first pieces.

Off to open my store early this morning.  The small town of Nolensville TN is having its popular Daffodil Day.  Going to be busy.
Cheers, cindykay as
From ChapelItems




7 comments:

  1. Guess what? I did one like that too..back in the dear old 70's ha ha !! Not nearly as awesome as yours though...Hope today was mucho deniro day for you... talk soon c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty shade. You did great on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous lampshade!!! Your did a wonderful job! Blessings... Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s.

    I hope your weekend was a huge success!!!!!

    ;-) robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIRL! That shade ROCKS!!! Oh my gosh - the glitz! The glam! The fun!!! I'm sending you shades. LOLOLOL

    LOVE IT!!!

    ;-) robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh Cindy, I'm lovin' this shade! Hope Daffodil Day went well. How's my baby Shiloh? Sure enjoyed your "protection story," from your last visit. I see now why God sent you Shiloh.

    Been busy busy busy here in Middle Georgia. Everything for lawn and garden preparation to time at the easel. Friend, this year I'm feeling it too. Bone-tired. Achy. Sore. You name it, I've experienced it of late.

    Guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. AGE creeping up on me and all! Ha ha :)

    Know that you and Shiloh are never far from my thoughts.

    Blessings, Love and Thursday Sunshine, Terri

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE feedback/comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails